Plymouth District Library serves the communities of Plymouth Township and the City of Plymouth.
For the first 58 years of its existence, beginning in 1923, the Plymouth Dunning-Hough Library operated as a branch of the Wayne County Library. The county system enabled new and growing communities in suburban Detroit to establish professionally run libraries: The local community provided a suitable building, and the county supplied the trained staff and management, with the cost of the operation gradually shifting from the county to the local community. Read more about the Library’s history here.
Library Board of Trustees